Our Own Arthur Sniffin has been honored by the Federation of Genealogical
F. Sniffin was the recipient of the prestigious David S. Vogel Award given by the
Genealogical Societies (FGS) at their annual meeting held in Boston
in late August, 2006. This award was given "... in recognition of his
outstanding career contributions to the FGS, and its member organizations."
We, on the other hand, appreciate Arthur for his many important contributions
to the Huntington Historical Society, the Resource
Center, Archives, and Library, and the associated
||Arthur's contributions to the Federation of Genealogical Societies
- 12 years served as Treasurer, Publications
Distributor, and was elected Vice President and President of FGS.
- Representing FGS on numerous committees including the National
Coordinating Committee for the Promotion of History.
- Serving as spokesperson during the retirement dinner of Robert Warner,
Archivist of the United States.
Here in Huntington, Arthur has contributed to the Huntington Historical
Society in many ways, including:
- Founding chairman of the Society's
Genealogy Workshop, and has continued contribute to the Workshop over
- Coordinated 18 Family History seminars and taught more than 30
Family History courses.
- Lead numerous trips for local enthusiasts to the
Family History Library, run by the
Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake City.
- Produced the 100th Birthday Party for the
Society's Sewing and Trade School in
- Treasurer of the Huntington Historical Society.